REFORD is the lead partner in the new project “Private forest for positive changes in the Polog region” (5P), implemented as sub‐granted project Working in partnership with the National Association of Private Forest Owners from Macedonia, project implementation started on 15th October till 15th March January 2018 for 18 months.
Project Goal: Increased involvement of local civil society organizations in decision‐making processes at the local level for successful floods management in the Polog region.
Specific Objectives are:
- Increased participation of private forest owners in policy-making for better natural forest management in the Polog region;
- Established cooperation between the Association of private forest owners with the local governmental units from the Polog region.
The project has fore expected results:
- Identified current cooperation between NAPFO and local/national institutions;
- Established branch of private forest owners from Vrapciste, Tearce and Jegunovce within the framework of the NAPFO for joint action in areas of interest to the NAPFO and the wider social community;
- Increased NAPFO's knowledge of its rights and responsibilities for participating in policy‐making and decision making at the local level, and thus increased transparency of local government.
Established cooperation and responsibility between the owners of private forests and local governmental units in dealing with natural disasters in the Polog planning region. The project target groups are Private forest owners and local communities from the Polog Region for more efficient management and involvement of local civil society organizations in decision-making processes at a local level, for success in dealing with natural disasters in the Polog region.